There are a lot of people in the country who are presently planning to pet a dog. If you are one of them, this article is for you. Here, you can get all the information about King Shepherd. It is one of the top breeds of pet dogs that most people desire to own.
You should thoroughly read this article while being in a dilemma regarding the right dog breed to pet. When it comes to the King, you should be aware of the ease of petting. The main reason is that it is a hybrid dog. Moreover, you can expect a glorious outlook from the King as it is related to the German Shepherd.
Well, you can now go through the points in this article to know the overall facts about the aforesaid dog. As a result, it would be really easy for you to pet this dog in the proper manner. Take a look:
King Shepherd: General Facts
Here are some general facts about a full-grown King Shepherd. Go through them before you reach out to a pet shop to buy one for yourself.
- Breed Classification: Hybrid dog
- Approximate Height: 25 inches to 31 inches
- Weight: Up to 150 pounds in maximum
- Lifespan- 11 years approximately
- Common Health Issues: Hypothyroidism, Hip Dysplasia, Elbow Dysplasia, Myelopathy, Allergies, Gastric Dilation.
Overview Of King Shepherd
As you have already gone through the general facts about the dog and started thinking that the king of love is my shepherd, it is time to go through the overview. Well, you should be aware of the fact that it is a hybrid dog. So, it is obvious that the KS would have some history and controversy.
Well, when it comes to hybrid dogs, you can consider KS to be one of the youngest members of the club. As per history, the KS breed came into existence during the onset of the 1990s. A couple of breed experts Shelley Watts-Cross and David Turkheimer tested out the breed.
Basically, they had the aim to create a healthier version of the German Shepherd. It is good that they ended up creating a dog that was fine with the American climate. Moreover, King Shepherd is more social than its original counterpart. If you are up for a comparison between the two dogs, just type King Shepherd vs. German Shepherd on Google and go through all the information.
King Shepherd: The Controversy With Crossbreed
As per the controversy related to crossbreed related to the KS is its name as a designer dog. The hybrid experts were not sure if the dog would have fewer health issues. So, you can look for the King Shepherd puppies for sale. Some more information about this dog is given below that would ease your petting process.
Personality Traits Of King Shepherd
Here are some personality traits that are prominent among the King Shepherds. Have a look and you can understand the breed in a better manner.
1. Intelligence: When it comes to intelligence, the KS would easily back an elevated rank among many other breeds. It would occur due to its birth from the working breeds. So, you can put an effort into training your King Shepherd dog right from an early age.
2. Energy: For KS, the level of energy is always high. So, you can have a good time with this dog. Yet another trait is its devotedness. As you find your dog to stick to something, it would not leave it till it is successful to get the result.
3. Unique Thought Process: As a working breed. The KS dogs have a unique thought process. They are quite compassionate towards the people who care for them. As a result, you can always expect to be a proud dog parent.
4. Aggressiveness: With a protective canine, you can note that the King Shepherds are not highly aggressive. However, they are always up for protecting the owners against all odds. So, if you are a parent, you can expect this dog to be a great babysitter.
5. Sportiness: If you are looking for a sporty dog, it is high time that you should look for a black King Shepherd. You can expect this dog to play with you for a long time. However, you should not leave it in the yard all day. Moreover, the KS is a bit attention-seeker and they would love the fact that you show love.
Ways To Socialize A King Shepherd
If you have already bought your King Shepherd or are about to bring it home, socializing is one of the vital aspects that you should know about. Check out the points below:
To socialise your King Shepherd properly, you should take it out and play more often.
Always give attention to your dog and at times, sit quietly with it for a few minutes.
Take your KS to the dog club more often as it helps your dog to interact with other breeds.
Initiate a training session with your King Shepherd as it can help your puppy grow happily.
Well, these are some points that you need to keep in mind while you spend some ten years of your life with a King Shepherd. Finally, you should have a talk with the vet as he might suggest you do some more things according to the KS dog psychology. A routine visit to the vet would be another bold step that you can take.
Frequently Asked Questions
A King Shepherd can live up to ten to eleven years.
A fully grown King Shepherd can grow to some 2.5 to 2.7 ft.
King Shepherd – A Complete Guide & Top Facts
Parents with different genetic traits from a German Shepherd make a King Shepherd.
The current approximate price of a King Shepherd can be some $1500.
King Shepherds are quite stout dogs and you can easily pet those. However, you should always remember some facts about their safety. To ensure it, you should purchase a front clip harness instead of a prong collar. Moreover, you should not use a choking chain too.
As per the diet is concerned, you can provide your dog with an omnivorous diet. Unlike the Catahoula Leopard dogs, the KSs are not aggressive. So, you can give a puppy to your child. This can be a remarkable thing as your child can grow up with the dog and create a strong bond with one another.
Read More Blogs :
- Blue German Shepherd: A Complete Breed Profile
- Panda German Shepherd: A Complete Breed Profile
- Long Haired Chihuahua – A Complete Breed Guide